Sunday, March 14, 2010

My very first Slipcovered chair!!!!

I've linked up to another party over at Pink and Polka Dot's!!!

Here's the before....I am redoing my living room layout so bear with me! I will share more photos when done!!!! First I had to find two matching chairs! And Craigslist proved to be the place to look... The asking price? $225 for both, what did I pay.......$125 and a slipcover for a foam insert for a bench! Don't be afraid to barter!!! SCORE! Not bad in gray right, but not with the gold color in my living room!
















Now -the "in- between"......

















And now the finished chair!! At least one finished chair.... My advice take your time and go slow and best of all: If you don't own a seam ripper get two!!!!!!! You may not improve your sewing skills but you will have mastered seam ripping!!!!!!!!!!! Andrea

















3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are remarkable! Absolutely gorgeous job! Thanks for sharing! And yes...those seam rippers change lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's definately a great fabric for those chairs. I'm getting ready for a slipcover project so.........doing a lot of searching...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful job. The fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete