Saturday, May 15, 2010

Remember My Free Time Clock Post? No... well you didn't miss anything exciting!!! However Free Time transformed to Family Sign!!!

Step One: Get free wood! Cut three pieces (obviously they don't have to be straight! Unless you are OCD!) Take three scrap pieces and attach to the back so your pieces are together. Sorry no picture here. OOPS.




First attempt at a clock- BORING. Hence my Free Time title... Nope not happening no inspiration sorry....










After seeing two things it hit me... I want a family sign and what better to use than my non inspiring boring clock wanna be...Started painting it a litte taupey beige color. (oops paint from Home Depot!)


Decided on a stencil to use.. (cut it with my friend's cricut on heavy cardstock!) Used my $5 pint of paint I get from Sherwin Williams. By the way the best place for sample paint. You actually get enough to use for years!!!!!! No kidding. They will mix any color you want from any chip you have to match! Then cut more stencils...for the lettering. Painted them..

Here is the almost finished sign, but it needed something... So I lightly dry brushed a black outline along the scrolly thingys to blend with the black lettering!





And here is the finished sign!!!!! LOVE IT! Now where did the inspiration come from: Only the most stunning Etsy sign shop around... http://www.etsy.com/shop/RumpelstreetBoutique















No comments:

Post a Comment